Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Simple Woman's Day Book


FOR TODAY
Outside my window... the sun is creeping up over the mountains, slowly bringing God's light to brighten the day.

I am thinking... of all the lessons I still have to plan for my children for next year.

I am thankful for...my life. God has blessed me in so many ways with a wonderful husband, children, a home...and even if those things were all gone tomorrow I would still have been given a full heart and what a blessing that is!

From the learning rooms...I have been chit chatting with other homeschool mom's about different curriculum and finding there are sooooooo many more I want to try!!

From the kitchen...I just made a batch of homemade chocolate chip cookies...there went my diet!!

I am wearing... sweat pants and a tank top. I know tacky, but no one is up yet so I am going to be comfy.

I am creating...I am working on a new blouse. I have it cut out and ready to sew, its just finding the time to sew it. I guess I could be doing it now, but this is fun too!!

I am going...to hopefully pick up "Romper Room" (my big ole van) from the car doctor today...dang those broken radiators...I know this is gonna hurt...my budget!

I am reading...Family Driven Faith...I read half of it, changed books, now I am back to finish it. It is a good book.

I am hoping...the car doctor will say our visit was "free of charge". I did say I was hoping!

I am hearing...my fingers clacking on the keys of the computer.

Around the house...everyone else is asleep, even the dog.

One of my favorite things...is a playdate for my munchkins where the parent comes and hangs out with me and we have big people talk while the munchkins are running around happy.

A few plans for the rest of the week: I hope to plant the flax plants in the front yard before the heat kills them in their pots. I hope to find time to finish that blouse ( I really should do that) and finish some lesson plans. My in-laws will be down visiting with other realitives so maybe we can all get together for a bbq or something.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
Belle was about 5 months old in this picture. How sweet is the love here???
All we needed was Becca in it to and it would have been absolutely perfect!!
Babies are such a blessing, not only for the immediate family, but the extended as well.

"I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted what I asked of Him…" 1 Samuel 1:27

Have a blessed day!!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My friend home schools her children. I think it's a wonderful thing :) If I had children, I would do the same. It's amazing what my friend teaches her children. I think they learn more than I ever did when I was a child in a public school.

Aimie said...

Such a sweet comment, thank you! I am touched :)