Saturday, July 3, 2010

Peach Jam...well really syrup.


We live next door to a really sweet older couple.
They have a few peach trees on the side of their house in between the two of us.
Their health has not been the best this year and they are not up to picking and cooking with all the fruit the couple of trees they have produced.
They offered the fruit to us.

"Perfect!" I thought.
Now I can teach the girls how to make jam!
So off to the store I went to purchase some new Jelly Jars.

I already had some pectin that I picked up on sale last year so I was good to go.

I made the girls learn the difference between jelly, jam and marmalade.
They had to read the recipe to make sure that we had all that we needed.
We sterilized everything and were ready.


We followed the recipe to the letter.
Some how we ended up with peach syrup rather than jam.


It looks and tastes great though!!
We even took a bunch to Grace Girls to give to Becca's friends.

Oh well, we will just have to try again. This time we are going to try strawberry!!

No comments: