Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Looking, looking and still looking.

I still do not have all my curriculum for next year.
I know, that is very bad.
Aimee's Geometry class and Biology class does not start till the end of August so I have been searching for great deals on the books that are required. Just a little computer searching every day to come up with NOTHING!!!!

All I wanted were some used textbooks at affordable prices.
Uggghhhh!!
I guess once your munchkins make it to High School you really spend a ton on their books and want to keep them? When I was in school, we could not wait to sell our textbooks!! We were selling them while we were still taking our finals!! You would want to snatch them up really quick from other people too. I wanted the used ones that already had the stuff underlined and notes in the margins for me, and from a smart student as well!!
As I was talking with one of my friends about this she asked "haven't you tried ebay?"
"What? Ebay sells textbooks?"
Major duh on my part.
I did not even think of ebay.

What a ding dong I am!!
I checked craigslist, online used book stores, homeschool resale boards, big and small book stores and never once considered ebay.
Guess where I found her math book?
Yup, got a bid on it right now.
Should be ready by the time I finish this post.
I still could not find her Biology, but hey, if I can get this one cheaper then maybe I wont choke so badly when I have to purchase the text from BJU Press.



The computer is my friend.
I had just found the Jacobs geometry homeschool bundle on sale for $162 and got it on ebay for 1/3 the price!! Yay me!!
I could become addicted to ebay for next years curriculum.
Hmmm....Mystery History...MFW...Notgrass....I could find them all!!
This is gonna be such a good thing!!
Have a blessed day!!



1 comment:

~Sandy said...

I love ebay and have bought almost all of my books from there through the years. My teens are using PennFoster online and Jacob is using Alpha Omega this year. He really liked it last year,so we've decided to go for it another year. I hope you have a wonderful school year!