Oh yes we have!
I am still finding my brain come the evening though!!
Everything is getting done. All the chores are getting finished, meals are on time (mostly), class work is finished and I still have time in the morning and evenings to spend just with my wonderful husband. So we must be dong pretty good!
Actually, we had a very busy first and second week.
This is our third week and I really am enjoying our studies.
I think the munchkins are too.
Monday, Wednesday and Thursdays are fairly regular.
We have history, bible, english/vocabulary/grammar, literature,handwriting and drawing. I am just doing Spanish with Aimee right now. Then Michael Jr does his math and zoology with me while Aimee works on her Physical Science, photography and Geometry on her own. Well she pretty much does most of hers on her own anyway.
Then on Tuesday we go to classes away from home.
Michael Jr is taking Blood and Guts, a science class filled with gross labs. Next week they are dissecting a cow eyeball and he is over the top excited. Aimee takes her Geometry there too.
Not to mention that Becca then goes to her ice skating lessons that day and it is our park days for LIFE, a home school group we belong to. That is our busiest day of the week.
Fridays I drive Aimee to her Physical Science class with a lab also.
So we are lucky to really only be a mobile class on 2 days.
I have been so lucky with the materials I have gathered for the munchkins to use too.
They are great!!
Some of my favorites are:
Simply Grammar ~ Charlotte Mason
American History ~ Notgrass
My Father's World~ American History
The Sixth Day: Zoology
Writing Strands
I have so many books to add to what they are learning too.
Books about the oceans, astronomy, American Presidents, Mark Twain (a personal favorite), anatomy, Samuel Adams, State histories, just tons of great things!!
I am so excited!!
One of my favorite things so far is that I am taking from the Charlotte Mason idea of nature walks and art. I am taking Michael Jr out to parks and places to draw just things. He is so talented and does not see it. He draws with such detail. He just sees that he is not professionally perfect. He sees things that most kids might pass on when they drew a picture. An example would be when he drew the swings, he made each chain not just a line to symbolize them attaching to the plastic seat.
Well I am impressed.
I love that he sees the little things.
I think that is important.
Aimee's Photography is amazing.
She is just so blessed with an amazing eye for photographic shots.
I am just in awe of her abilities with a camera.
It is a little pocket camera till we can afford the $800 really good one and I can't wait to see what she will be able to do then!! Wow!!
I am off to plan our next day!!
Hope yours is blessed!!
I am still finding my brain come the evening though!!
Everything is getting done. All the chores are getting finished, meals are on time (mostly), class work is finished and I still have time in the morning and evenings to spend just with my wonderful husband. So we must be dong pretty good!
Actually, we had a very busy first and second week.
This is our third week and I really am enjoying our studies.
I think the munchkins are too.
Monday, Wednesday and Thursdays are fairly regular.
We have history, bible, english/vocabulary/grammar, literature,handwriting and drawing. I am just doing Spanish with Aimee right now. Then Michael Jr does his math and zoology with me while Aimee works on her Physical Science, photography and Geometry on her own. Well she pretty much does most of hers on her own anyway.
Then on Tuesday we go to classes away from home.
Michael Jr is taking Blood and Guts, a science class filled with gross labs. Next week they are dissecting a cow eyeball and he is over the top excited. Aimee takes her Geometry there too.
Not to mention that Becca then goes to her ice skating lessons that day and it is our park days for LIFE, a home school group we belong to. That is our busiest day of the week.
Fridays I drive Aimee to her Physical Science class with a lab also.
So we are lucky to really only be a mobile class on 2 days.
I have been so lucky with the materials I have gathered for the munchkins to use too.
They are great!!
Some of my favorites are:
Simply Grammar ~ Charlotte Mason
American History ~ Notgrass
My Father's World~ American History
The Sixth Day: Zoology
Writing Strands
I have so many books to add to what they are learning too.
Books about the oceans, astronomy, American Presidents, Mark Twain (a personal favorite), anatomy, Samuel Adams, State histories, just tons of great things!!
I am so excited!!
One of my favorite things so far is that I am taking from the Charlotte Mason idea of nature walks and art. I am taking Michael Jr out to parks and places to draw just things. He is so talented and does not see it. He draws with such detail. He just sees that he is not professionally perfect. He sees things that most kids might pass on when they drew a picture. An example would be when he drew the swings, he made each chain not just a line to symbolize them attaching to the plastic seat.
Well I am impressed.
I love that he sees the little things.
I think that is important.
Aimee's Photography is amazing.
She is just so blessed with an amazing eye for photographic shots.
I am just in awe of her abilities with a camera.
It is a little pocket camera till we can afford the $800 really good one and I can't wait to see what she will be able to do then!! Wow!!
I am off to plan our next day!!
Hope yours is blessed!!

3 comments:
Sounds like you are off to a great school year so far. Good luck!
Sounds like full days of learning!! Good luck!
Thank you both!! :)
Post a Comment