Friday, September 24, 2010

Care Packages for our Soldiers

We are so blessed to live in such an amazing country.
We are safe here because we have service people who protect our rights of freedom.
I am always trying to impress upon my children just how much we should thank the men and women who serve our country with their very lives just so that we have the right to praise God, go to school, buy the things that we crave, say the things we choose and live where and how we deem acceptable. These people keep us safe from others that don't feel we deserve these freedoms.
So when our church said that they were collecting care packages to send to the service men and women I jumped on board!
The munchkins and I went shopping and put together a few packages for the soldiers.
When you start putting these together you really have to think about what they might really need. You are only allowed what will fit in a gallon sized ziplock bag. They are not supposed to have candy either.  We came up with stuff that we thought they could use like:
Socks
squishy insoles
gum
granola and power bars
jerky
hand sanitizer
lotion
sun block
chapstick
eyedrops
fruit leather
toothbrush with cover
toothpaste
hot and cold packs
and more little things for comfort.
Each of the munchkins included a thank you note for the soldiers.
Here are a few of their letters.
Each care package had completely different letters from the munchkins and myself because I feel each soldier is completely different and deserved something unique.
I am sure the soldiers will appreciate their little thank you care package from us.
Maybe we will even be lucky enough for a note back.
Ohh! Pen pals for the kiddos!!
There is so much they could teach my little ones.

What a blessing that would be!!

Hope your day is blessed as well~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

such a nice thing to do :) I'm sure the soldiers will greatly appreciate it all!