Today is my husbands birthday!!
We made him the best cake ever!!
I borrowed the recipe from Sandy over at One Day at a Time and it is the easiest and tastiest cake you can ever make!! My camera is broken so you will have to pop over there to see just how yummy this cake looks!!! It looked so delicious that we actually broke into the cake after church yesterday and ate a good part of it. I guess we will be baking another one this morning for him, maybe pineapple upside down cake??? Anyway here is Sandy's incredible recipe for
Hot Fudge Ice Cream Dessert:
Ingredients
1 (16 ounce) can chocolate syrup
3/4 cup peanut butter
19 ice cream sandwiches
1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 cup salted peanuts
Directions
1.Pour the chocolate syrup into a medium microwave safe bowl and microwave 2 minutes on high. Do not allow to boil. Stir peanut butter into hot chocolate until smooth. Allow to cool to room temperature.
2.Line the bottom of a 9x13 inch dish with a layer of ice cream sandwiches. Spread half the whipped topping over the sandwiches. Spoon half the chocolate mixture over that. Top with half the peanuts. Repeat layers. Freeze until firm, 1 hour. Cut into squares to serve.
Yummy huh??
Okay so we will be, now that he has left for work, blowing up balloons, getting the new cake ready, wrapping his gift, and getting ready to make him a dinner of Big Daddy Dogs!
Another great recipe but this one we got from food network by Aaron McCargo Jr

Shoreline Park in Santa Barbara, August 9th 1996.
He looks so handsome here.
I am so lucky to be married to such a wonderful man.
He is loving, he gives himself to me so unselfishly, he is honorable, courageous, helpful, a wonderful father to our children, he brightens my future.
I respect him so much for being the best man in the entire world.
He is my best friend and my true happiness.
I thank God for putting him in my life every single day.
I am so blessed.
Okay so we will be, now that he has left for work, blowing up balloons, getting the new cake ready, wrapping his gift, and getting ready to make him a dinner of Big Daddy Dogs!
Another great recipe but this one we got from food network by Aaron McCargo Jr
Ingredients
- Block Cheddar
- 5 hot dogs, rinsed
- 5 slices bacon
- 5 hot dog buns
Directions
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Slice cheese into 5 (1/4-inch thick) slices, then cut the slices in half again, lengthwise.
Butterfly hot dogs lengthwise. Place 2 cheese slices inside the slit and close hot dog. Wrap a slice of bacon tightly around the hot dog, covering the entire surface.
Place on a greased baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Remove from oven allowing grease to drain for a minute on paper towels. Place a hot dog into each bun and serve.
Again, Yummy!!
He loves these Big Daddy Dogs!!
Then on to the next Celebration!!
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY HONEY!!
It is our14th wedding anniversary today!!

Shoreline Park in Santa Barbara, August 9th 1996.
He looks so handsome here.
I am so lucky to be married to such a wonderful man.
He is loving, he gives himself to me so unselfishly, he is honorable, courageous, helpful, a wonderful father to our children, he brightens my future.
I respect him so much for being the best man in the entire world.
He is my best friend and my true happiness.
I thank God for putting him in my life every single day.
I am so blessed.

1 comment:
What a special day for your family!!! :) Happy Anniversary & Happy Birthday to your hubby! I hope you've had a great day! What a yummy recipe... we'll have to try it!
Blessings,
Jessica
Post a Comment