Monday, October 11, 2010

Did you see that???

 "Mom...is that a hawk over there?" I hear my son ask me.
"Honey all I see are crows and sparrows flying around. What are you seeing?" I ask.
"Over there" he says and points at a far away light post.
After a few minutes of trying to find the post he is talking about
(and my eldest showing me that I had to move to see it was behind a tree)

I saw it...

 see it there on the post?

It was bigger than a hawk that is for sure!

It spread its wings,
had a huge wingspan,
and flew across the basin to the parking lot we were staring from.
He perched himself very regally on a light post near us.

 Yeah, big bird.
My brave daughter took these pictures.

Pretty sure that is a falcon.
I can be completely wrong.
Never in all my years here (which are quite a few in number) have I ever seen a bird like this just flying free.

Beautiful.

Aimee thought so to until after this shot he looked at her.
She ran back into the van.
I don't blame her one bit.
That is one big bird!

We were very lucky though, because even being in a church parking lot, only 3 families were out there to see the bird before it flew away.

Amazing, absolutely amazing.

Have a blessed day my friend~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe the picture you took! Truly amazing!!!