Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Teaching my youngest to serve

Really I have been all my children about serving others and the gifts we get from doing so.
The other morning my littlest woke up while I was still in morning prayer. I wanted her to know I was in conversation with the Lord so I spoke a bit of my prayers out loud. A few names were mentioned and she knew exactly who and what I was praying about.
When I had finished her sweet little voice piped up with "Mommy, why don't we make cookies? Cookies always make us smile and maybe it will make our friends smile too?"

Leave it to the little princess to come up with something so simple yet filled with love to share with others. What a love.
So together she and I started making cookies.

The others woke up when they heard the noises.
We told them what we were doing and they wanted to help too.

Before you knew it we had cookies made for some sweet friends and neighbors who we wanted to share a moment of unexpected happy with.


Here is Belle helping me pack some of the cookies for shipping off to 
friends that don't live just around the corner.

  Belle, again being so on target, thought notes of encouragement should go in the boxes too.
In they went and off to the post office we traveled to send off our surprise smiles!!

 I always tell the kids that when we serve others we get a gift in return.
The smile on someone's face when they receive something sweet is priceless.
It lets them know you care and you feel they are important in your life.
That is such a blessing.


Belle was a bit luckier.

She got a belated birthday gift in the mail right after we got back from the post office.


We blessed others and were blessed ourselves!!

No comments: